Monday, October 8, 2007

I am going to get to sing at Benaroya Hall....

Even though I am insanely busy and overwhelmed, I decided to continue singing in the University of Washington Gospel Choir (I sang in it during undergrad and found it to be very relaxing and fun). We always have a performance at the end of each quarter which is usually on the UW campus. (Sometimes in a big lecture hall or sometimes in the UW performing arts center - Mean Hall). This year, in addition to our UW campus performance, we will be performing at Benaroya Hall in Seattle. We will be performing with another Gospel Choir (that is WAY better than us).

A picture of the UW choir performing several years ago. I think I am actually in this picture somewhere. Registration is limited to 100 people, but usually 120 people come to practice and sing in the final concert.


(from UW school of music website) This is a picture of Phyllis Byrdwell, the director of the UW gospel choir and another (better) Gospel choir based out of her church. She is amazing and amazing director. She also has a Gospel choir at a local high school.


(from google image search). This is a picture of Benaroya Hall from the outside. Unfortunately, the tickets are probably going to be too expensive for my family to come, but I think it will be a fun experience anyway. Anyway, the concert is on December 16th at 8:00pm. The cheapest tickets (where you probably can't see anything) are $20. There is also going to be a concert on the UW campus which will probably be cheaper.

No comments: